Isaac’s E-Stand operates markets where you can sell your handmade goods, vintage items and craft supplies directly to buyers around the world. We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Isaac’s E-Stand. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
Isaac’s E-Stand has are unique markets. Buyers come here to purchase items that they might not find anywhere else. Everything listed for sale on Isaac’s E-Stand must be handmade, or a craft supply.
Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. Read our full Handmade Policy here.
If you sell handmade items, you agree that:
- All handmade items are made or designed by you, your child or your student.
- You accurately describe every person involved in the making of an item in your shop in your About section.
- You are using your own photographs– not stock photos, artistic renderings, or photos used by other sellers or sites. Read more about using appropriate photographs in this Help article.
If you are selling Custom Items in the Handmade category, you agree that:
- All custom item listings are available for purchase.
- Each custom listing has a set price.
- If you are using photographs of previous work with options for customization (like color choices) included in the listing, it is clear in your description that the photos shown are just examples.
For more information on how to list Custom items, please see this Help article.
Craft Supplies are tools, ingredients, or materials whose primary purpose is for use in the creation of an item or special occasion. Craft supplies may be handmade, vintage, or commercial (not handmade or vintage) in nature. Party supplies may also be sold as craft supplies. Click here to learn more about what may be sold as a craft supply.
We encourage you to be transparent about where and how your craft supplies were made and where your materials come from. You can disclose whether your items are handmade or vintage, or have social or environmental attributes, such as organic or recycled. You can also select the location of manufacture.
What Can’t be Sold on Isaac’s E-Stand
Even if they otherwise meet our handmade, or craft supply criteria, prohibited items, services, and items that violate our intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Isaac’s E-Stand.
Reselling is not allowed on Isaac’s E-Stand. Reselling refers to listing an item as handmade when you were not involved in designing or making that item.
Keep in mind that members may flag listings that appear to violate our policies for Isaac’s E-Stand’s review.
Isaac’s E-Stand may remove any listings that violate our policies. Isaac’s E-Stand may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be on the hook to pay any outstanding fees on your Isaac’s E-Stand bill. You can find more information in our Fees & Payments Policy.
If you are raising money on behalf of a charity, you must obtain that charity’s consent. Please see this Help article for more information about donating any portion of your sales to charity.
Representing Yourself, Your Shop, and Your Listings Honestly
At Isaac’s E-Stand, we value transparency. Transparency means that you honestly and accurately represent yourself, your items, and your business.
By selling on Isaac’s E-Stand, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your About page.
- Honor your Shop Policies.
- Accurately represent your items in listings and listing photos. If you are selling craft supplies, accurately disclose whether they are handmade, vintage, or commercial (not handmade or vintage), and whether they are organic or recycled, as well as the location of manufacture (if known).
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report it to Isaac’s E-Stand.
Communicating with Other Isaac’s E-Stand Members
You can use Isaac’s E-Stand’s contact seller form on the vendor page to communicate directly with sellers or other Isaac’s E-Stand members. They are a great way to ask sellers any questions you have about an item or an order. Conversations may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending unsolicited advertising or promotions, requests for donations, or spam;
- Harassing or abusing another member;
- Contacting someone after they have explicitly asked you not to; or
- Interfering with a transaction or the business of another member.
Interference occurs when a member intentionally interferes with another member’s shop in order to drive away their business. Interference is strictly prohibited on Isaac’s E-Stand. Examples of interference include:
- Contacting another member via Isaac’s E-Stand Conversations to warn them away from a particular member, shop, or item;
- Posting in public areas to demonstrate or discuss a dispute with another member;
- Purchasing from a seller for the sole purpose of leaving a negative review.
Not to be used to support or glorify hatred toward, or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation is strictly prohibited. If you receive a message that violates this policy, please let us know right away.
Creating and Uploading Content
As a member of Isaac’s E-Stand, you have the opportunity to create and upload a variety of content, like usernames, listings, text, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, or harassing;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
Building a Positive Reputation Through our Reviews System
Reviews are a great way for you to build a reputation on Isaac’s E-Stand. Reviews and your response to reviews may not:
- Contain private information;
- Contain obscene, racist, or harassing language or imagery;
- Contain prohibited medical drug claims;
- Contain advertising or spam;
- Be about things outside the seller’s control, such as a shipping carrier, Isaac’s E-Stand or a third party; or
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Undermine the integrity of the Reviews system.
- Extortion is not allowed on Isaac’s E-Stand.
- Shilling is not allowed on Isaac’s E-Stand. Shilling is the fraudulent inflation of a shop’s reputation by use of an alternate account. The intent of shilling is to make a seller look more desirable by increasing the shop’s number of sales and overall review score. Not only does it violate our core value of transparency, but it is considered to be a deceptive business practice by the US Federal Trade Commission. Reviews must reflect the honest, unbiased opinions, findings, beliefs, or experience of the buyer.
Providing Great Customer Service
We expect our sellers to provide a high level of customer service. By selling on Isaac’s E-Stand, you agree to:
- Honor your shipping and processing times. Sellers are obligated to ship an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance. Please be aware that legal requirements for shipping times vary by country. These requirements are detailed in our Shipping Policy.
- Respond to Emails in a timely manner.
- Honor the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Admins can help through our case system. Read about your rights and responsivities.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order.
Isaac’s E-Stand also provides limited protection to sellers who meet the requirements of our Seller Protection Program. Read more about Isaac’s E-Stand’s Seller Protection Program here.
Responding to Requests for Cancellations, Returns, and Exchanges
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding shipping, cancellations, returns, and exchanges.
If you are unable to complete a transaction, you must notify the buyer via Isaac’s E-Stand and cancel the transaction. If the buyer already submitted payment, you must issue a full refund. You are encouraged to keep proof of any refunds in the event a dispute arises.
You may cancel a transaction under the following circumstances:
- The buyer did not pay. (The seller may flag a buyer for a payment not received, chargeback, or canceled payment.)
- Both you and the buyer agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment, and you have issued the buyer a full refund.
- You have decided to refuse service to the buyer, and if the buyer has already paid, you have issued a full refund, including shipping.
- The buyer did not receive the item(s) ordered, even though you provided proof of shipping, and you have issued a refund for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you’ll need to refund in full.)
- Both you and the buyer agreed that the buyer could return the item for a refund, you have received the returned item and issued a refund to the buyer for the item. (Refunding shipping is optional, unless the buyer paid with Direct Checkout, in which case you will need to refund in full.)
Reporting a Problem with an Order or Returning of an Item
Although Isaac’s E-Stand is not directly involved in a transaction between a buyer and a seller, we would like to hope that thru conversation between the buyer and seller a resolution can successfully occur in the unlikely event your purchase does not go as expected. Isaac’s E-Stand is also willing to get involved to handle the dispute.
Non–Delivery (An item was never sent, sent to a wrong address or no proof of shipment)
Not–as–Described (The item received is a different color, model, version, or size, different design or material, the item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic, The seller failed to disclose the fact that an item is damaged or is missing parts, wrong quantity, The condition of the item is misrepresented (new vs. used) )
Not as Described cases can also be filed for late delivery. In order to qualify as late delivery, the buyer must provide proof that all of these conditions have been met:
- The item(s) were ordered for a specific date or event at least 30 days after sale transaction
- A deadline was agreed upon by the buyer and seller.
- The item(s) are rendered useless after that date.